UpCounsel helps you keep all conversations with your attorney in one place. You can send and receive messages from within your project, as well as from your personal email inbox. Responses sent through your email will be added to your project messages automatically, ensuring everything is captured within UpCounsel.
All communications and documents shared through UpCounsel will be kept safe at all times.
Messages inside UpCounsel
1. Select your project from your Dashboard to view all related messages between you and your lawyer.
2. Once you’ve clicked into the project, click on the “Messages” tab to view your inbox.
3. Within the Messages tab, you’ll see all conversations you’ve had with lawyers regarding your project, including conversations with lawyers whom you did not hire. Click on the conversation you wish to view.
4. Within the conversation, you can view all past messages exchanged with your lawyer regarding your project. You can also send a new message.
If you replied to a message string via your email inbox, those messages will also be captured here.
5. When a message is sent through UpCounsel, the recipient will always be notified by email. The email will contain the content of the message. You can log into your UpCounsel account to respond through your job, or you can simply hit reply through your email, type your message, and click send - from there we’ll capture your response in the job message conversation as well.