UpCounsel provides you with an easy-to-use, secure way to manage legal documents related to your project and share them with your lawyer. It’s important to keep all work related to your project in one central place and ensure you’re always working from the most recent version.
How to Share Documents
1. From your Dashboard view, select the legal project to which you would like to add documents.
2. Once you’ve clicked into the project, choose the “Documents” tab from the top navigation bar.
3. Click on the green “+Upload” button in the top right.
4. After clicking the "+Upload button," a window will open. First, choose the location of your files from the list at the left.
Second, click the button in the center of the window to connect to your file location.
5. Click on the files you wish to upload. You can select multiple files. Then click "Open".
6. Review the files you’ve selected and then upload them to your UpCounsel project.
7. Done! Now your documents are uploaded to UpCounsel and attached to your project. Your documents can always be found by clicking into the “Documents” tab along the top of your job.
8. UpCounsel makes it easy to manage who has access to your documents - just click on the “Actions” cogwheel to the right of the document and select “Share Settings.”
9. If you have not hired an attorney, our system will default to “Open Visibility” for your documents, meaning that all UpCounsel marketplace attorneys can view and download your document. You can limit this visibility to “Request Only”, which requires attorneys to reach out to you directly to request access. From there you can manage individual attorney access to your documents through this page.
10. If you’ve already hired an attorney, our system will provide only your hired attorney with “View & Download” access to uploaded documents. You can always limit this by selecting a different option from the dropdown menu.
Article is closed for comments.